Are you Spirit-filled? What are some indications in Scripture that you are Spirit-filled?
1. Speaking Scripture (Psalms, hymns…) to each other (Eph 5:19a).
2. Singing in your heart to Jesus (Eph 5:19b).
3. Giving thanks (Eph 5:20).
4. Spirit of humility and submission (Eph 5:21).
5. Fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23).
6. Boldness (Acts 4:31, “…they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness”).
7. Joy (Acts 13:52, “And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit”).
8. Conviction of sin (Jn 16:8, “And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment).
9. Supernatural comfort, reminding you of God’s promises (Jn 14:26, “the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you”).
10. Prayer (Jude 1:20, “Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit”).
11. A peaceful heart. If a person is filled with the Holy Spirit he will not necessarily be noisy, highly excited or full of physical strength. The Spirit-filled life is a life of calm poise and quiet confidence (Isa 30:15, “…in quietness and in trust shall be your strength”). Remember the Holy Spirit manifests his form as a dove at the baptism of Jesus. Consider that “the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere” (Jas 3:17).