1. The Bible is called the “Word of life” (Phil 2:16). The disciple (learner, follower) of Christ has an unbreakable connection with the living God through his life-giving Word.
2. The Word is a living, active double-edged sword that pierces “to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart” (Heb 4:12-13).
3. The Word is “like a fire” (Jer 23:29a). It will cause them to either be on fire by the warmth of the Word or in the fire of the judgment of the Word.
4. God’s Word is “like a hammer” (Jer 23:29b). People are like a rock, they are hard-headed, hard-hearted, and their foreheads are like flint. They are uncircumcised of heart; they have a heart of stone that is resistant to the truth of God. How can hard hearts be broken? It is by this invincible weapon, the Word of God.
5. The Bible is a mirror that reveals (Jas 1:23).
6. God’s word nourishes us (1 Pet 2:2, “…like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation”).
7. The Bible “is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path”).
8. We have been “born again… through the living and abiding Word of God” (1 Pet 1:23).
9. God’s Word keeps us from sin (Psa 119:11).
10. God’s Word is an offensive spiritual weapon called the “sword of the Spirit” (Eph 6:17).
11. The blessed man “meditates on God’s law day and night” (Psa 1:2).