Life Groups meet in homes around the greater Chicago/Aurora/Elgin/Roselle area throughout the week to spend time together, discuss the current teaching and learn from one another. For various messages on the biblical basis for Life groups, check out our “Life Groups” message series.
CHECK OUT OUR LIFE GROUP LOCATIONS & CURRENT STUDY
Life Groups are gospel communities of 10-25 adults and children who meet together to encourage each other in their relationship with Jesus Christ. A Life group gathers in a group member’s home to study the God’s Word in community, pray for one another, and enjoy real fellowship. One of the main purposes of Life Groups is for followers of Jesus to develop authentic, sanctifying, grace-filled relationships with other believers at Living Hope Bible Church.
Life Groups have five basic functions:
- Progressive Sanctification – Life Groups serve as a place for Christians to experience spiritual growth and to encourage others in their walk with Christ.
- Biblical Fellowship – Groups members not only “do life together,” they participate in the gospel together in a variety of ways.
- Mutual Ministry – Group members grow in God’s grace by personally serving one another.
- Spiritual Gifts Exercised – Within the scope of a Life Group each person’s spiritual gift can be employed to serve the rest of the group to the glory of God.
- Catalyst for Evangelism & Outreach – Life Group members encourage one another to share the gospel with their friends and neighbors. They pray together for those who don’t know Christ and pursue outreach in their neighborhood and community.
Breakdown of a Typical Life Group Meeting
1) Opening Time
– Gathering together and re-connecting
– Opening prayer
– Goal: Connect with one another and with the Lord
2) Study Time
– Applicational Bible study normally from Sunday messages
– Discussion-based learning from God’s Word
– Goal: Discover what the text means AND how it applies to my life
3) Mutual Ministry Time
– Prayer and encouragement for those with specific needs
– Develop action plans and ask to be held accountable
– Goal: To apply God’s Word to specific areas of my life
4) Fellowship Time
– Informal fellowship and interaction
– Continued mutual ministry
– Goal: Building relationships with my brothers and sisters in Christ
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or come talk to us at the Welcome Center here at church on Sunday morning.